Dome Class – Unbeatable Panoramic Views
Enjoy the sights of the New River Gorge aboard one of our many dome cars! Dome seats can be purchased individually, but be advised most dome seats are at tables of four, so be ready to make some new friends!
There is no better place for leaf peeping than a seat in a dome car. Outside Alaska, the Autumn Colors Express is the last operator of dome cars on a mainline passenger train in the United States!
Dome seats in the Stampede Pass, NP 549, and Silver Palace are reserved. Dome seats in the Summit View are general admission.
Reserved Seating Dome Cars:
These tickets will sell out quick. If you have multiple guests in your party, book before June to guarantee space is available together in a dome car.
Dome Class Includes:
- Bottled water, soda, and coffee.
- A boxed breakfast meal consisting of a sandwich from Honey Baked Ham along with a fruit cup- served at your seat!
- For the afternoon return a boxed meal from Panera Bread will be served.
- Have your questions answered by our volunteer staff – knowledgeable, helpful, and ready to make sure you have a great time on your journey to Hinton!
- A choice between reserved and general admission dome cars.
Update 4/15/22: We are excided to announce the addition of the Summit View, a former Santa Fe Big Dome! This full length dome car will provide additional general admission dome class seating.